Monday, August 13, 2007

BodyPump, and my telepathic RPM instructor...

Arrived at the gym at 6.00pm, just in time to jump into my gym clothes and grab my gloves, gatorade and towel and practically brisk-walk to the Energy Studio. Bumped into Alex on the way (he was grabbing those 10kg plates which I fondly view as "darn things which when I watch people lift, makes me feel excruciating pain and exhaustion although I only have 5kg on my barbell"), and he was like "You're late! No more plates already!" which made me shift from brisk-walk-mode to running-mode, haha. Managed to grab four 2.5kg plates and six 0.5kg plates which is a lil less than what I have been using to torment myself lately, but is sufficient. Hey, it's monday, I'm just warming up to the week. (Oh, the sheer joy of giving excuses =P)

BodyPump class was alright, somehow I felt tired kinda early in the class, but it's probably cuz of the un-gymmer-ish food I've been putting into my system over the weekend (tons of McD's, caffeine, and a substantial amount of Jepunese food at Sakae Sushi) and the fact that it's Monday, but despite the tiredness, I did increase some weights and it didn't hurt that much, so I wasn't dying yet or anything of that sort. I always expect so much out of myself, and somehow I feel I'm not pushing myself enough *sigh*

Anyway, today the gym started the first day ever of that "Registration is required for all Spinning Classes" policy, so I had to head right for the main counter right after BodyPump, to write my name down and to get some lil card thingy which apparently gives us a spot in the Spinning Studio. Then as I was walking towards the changing rooms, there was this guy smiling and I knew that I know this guy, I just couldn't put my finger to it, so I smiled back. And then after my poor lagging brain processed, it was Alan, my fave RPM instructor. And I just HAD TO interrupt his workout to strike up conversation, haha. It's pretty cool really, he was talking about his triathlon this weekend, and mentioned that there are different types of triathlons, there's some that even go up to 15-16 hours. And me, in my utter frustration and shock, asked "Don't they have breaks in between and stuff?" To which he said they didn't, and that taking a break could actually get you kicked-out cuz you need to finish the whole thingy in a certain amount of hours, i.e. that 16 hours and stuff. And he even said "there's many types of triathlons, you could try the mini-triathlon" which sounds really nice, but I warned him that he should be prepared to drag me along with a rope in the event of me not being able to carry-on after 10 minutes of da competition =P
He also asked if I knew what a triathlon was, and then asked if I could swim, to which I had to fess up and admit my usual "I can go forward, but I can't float." (And now that I think of it, sheesh, I should have asked more than just joked, cuz hey, this guy's a pro triathlon athlete, I should've taken the opportunity to listen more...oh well, I'll have my second chances)

Then this part (which was actually in the middle, we diverted from sports to work, then back to sports, haha) came, he mentioned about me not going to the gym much the past few weeks (cuz I was practically missing-in-action from his classes for like 3 weeks *guilt tortures me, sigh*)

And an excerpt from the conversation with Alan. In order to get the whole funny-ness of the conversation, it's important to note that in the past, I have never told him where I worked nor even mentioned before that I worked in Da-Field-Of-Computing or anything akin to that.

Alan : You haven't been coming to the gym for quite some time already. Why? 
Me : Work lor. (with that tone and rolled-eyes that I inflict on innocent people who ask me about the unfortunate days that I do not get to head for the gym)
Alan : How come work till like that one?
Me : Yeah, sometimes I need to work from home as well. Working till late mar.
Alan : How come need to work from home? What u working as? *and then he pauses a moment to think, and without waiting for my answer to the previous 2 questions, the next statement followed* You working in Dell is it?

ROTCGFLMGBOMH - Rolling On The Carpeted Gym Floor, Laughing My Gatorade Bottle Outta My Hands.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment