Monday, September 3, 2007

The BodyPump disaster...

Just gotten back from the gym, feeling just a teensy-weensy bit tired. The reason behind the "teensy-weensy" as opposed to my usual "I'm so gonner kapoot!" tired, is the fact that I didn't find today's BodyPump class tiring at all. And that ain't a good thing. Two reasons why : (1) Not enough space (2) Not enough plates.

Reason Numero Uno that caused my distress is the mere fact that the Energy Studio was packed today. And I don't mean packed as in "a really full class of humans". I mean, a glass-doored room packed full ('to the brim', if I may use that term, cuz it felt like an aquarium anyway) of people, step-boards, bricks (the stepping-board ones, not the ones people use in construction), barbells, plates, exercise mats, water bottles and towels. Full to the extent that it felt almost as if people would practically roll out, hanging onto barbells for dear life, should the doors burst open.

The class was scheduled to start at 6.10pm. Time-check 6.05pm and I'm practically running into the Energy Studio - towel, gloves, and water bottle in hand (for which I paid a few extra cents today because I grabbed the bottle and told the girl at the counter "It's alright, keep the change, I'm late for class") only to see the whole room chock-full of people already. Then I spotted Alex (my fellow BodyPump buddy at the gym) and after much looking, he helped me to find a spot measuring approximately 3 x 5 feet, and I ran and grabbed the step-board, and those nifty BodyPump equipment.

And that's when Item-Of-Distress-Numero-Dos surfaced.

The first rack had only 0.5kg and two oddly-sized 2.5kg plates left. The second rack had nothing. Zilch. Six dismal 0.5kg plates in hand, I asked Alex if I could use the plates from the free weights area, but he said they'd be too heavy for me to use, so he gave me two of his 2.5kg plates instead. So that was all I had for the class, a maximum of 4kg on each side, causing me much anguish not from the pain but the lack thereof. And I have every right to feel distressed. Doing squats with 4kg on each side makes me feel as tired as it does to walk from my cubicle to the cafeteria at work. (Read: It feels like nothing at all.)

One thing it made me appreciate was Alex who was nice enough to give me those 2.5kg plates. Otherwise I'd have gone through the entire class with 1.5kg on each side (and the minimum is 2.5kg each side, so I'm not even touching minimum with that). Still I'm kinda upset about the whole thing. One sentence sums it all: "What do you mean I'm spendin' almost two-hundred-bucks a month for this?" Sigh. It's not that it happens everytime, but still I have the right to be a tad upset. I like to push myself, and wanted so much to work harder today, and I didn't get the chance to.

I'm trying to get my mind off the whole BodyPump disaster, and think of tomorrow's class being better. It's Paul's 8.30pm class so hopefully the gym wouldn't be so InSaNeLy-packed then. I'm planning to add some weights and push myself a lil more, cuz I can't go for classes this Friday and that kinda bogs me down.

But BodyPump glooms aside, RPM was good =) Bumped into Alan a.k.a. my-fave-RPM-instructor on my way to the changing rooms, and talked about the new release, last Friday (Merdeka Day classes which I didn't attend, and found out today that he didn't instruct it either so I don't regret missing it, haha) and me not being able to attend class this Friday cuz I'll be working. And he was like "bring your notebook, workout and do your work at the same time lar" (giggle) and I wish I could. Today Alan played the new RPM release, so I wasn't quite familiar with the tracks yet, but overall the class was great. Somehow I'm more enthusiastic and tend to work harder in RPM classes lately due to the fact that I do miss them a lot, not being able to attend them sometimes due to work has made me appreciate the days when I do get to go for them. I still wish I didn't have to miss this Friday's RPM class *sob*. All I can do is look forward to next Monday then.

Enough of blogging for now, it's probably time to have dinner and catch some sleep. Tomorrow's another long workday. Work aside, I can, I will, I must go for BodyPump tomorrow. *grins*

No comments:

Post a Comment